Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sticker Shock


I’m in Boston this weekend, and yesterday I found myself right next door to the ICA with a few spare minutes. Not enough time to look at art, but just enough, to case the gift shop.

I immediately zeroed in on a bag, which I was pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to resist. It was printed with overlapping price stickers of all kinds. How well I know those encrustations of stickers, the ones that accumulate on assorted kitchen surfaces, or seem to grow on various notebook pages. And those big neon orange ones emblazoned with 99¢--I always have to save those. Well, restraining myself was not the least bit difficult (and it’s a good thing that I am not at a loss for bags) because the price of this “shopper” was $99.99! The sign next to the bag said “$hopping Bag” Created by ICA exhibited artist Rachel Perry Welty. Edition of 999. Signed and numbered by the artist."

I’m seeing a DIY project in my future …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails